March 10, 2011 - This one had no title and no text, just a single picture:
I might have been confused, but I was just talking to Tim about this yesterday. I'm assuming freshman-Penny was going to talk about the joys of working in the BYU Cannon Center. I worked in the Euro just dishing up food and putting them out for people. It got pretty boring pretty quick. So, I put my artistic skills to work and made food art. That was actually pretty fun, but after about a week my boss told me to stop. The other girl that worked there was a Russian exchange student, so after my creativity was snuffed, she started teaching me Russian. That was fun and after 3 months, I could actually hold several basic conversations! Then, she went back to Russia and I quit.
April 2, 2011 - This one had a little more to it:
I must have been really busy that day. No time for finishing sentences! Anyway, this is a picture from the last basketball home game when Jimmer broke the scoring record and BYU won. It was pretty awesome. Tim and I are thinking we'll get all-sports passes for the Fall because we should enjoy BYU sports while we're here. By the way, I'm a senior in college! Did everyone know that??
October 8, 2011 - The Baton Chooses the Musician
This one only had the title and nothing else. Freshman-Penny was going to tell the interesting tale of buying a baton. Every music major is required to buy a conducting baton for the class (which I was a little disgruntled about because they are like $20) and so I went to the band office. The whole experience strongly reminded me of Ollivander's Wand Shop. I went to the basement of the HFAC and went up the tiny little staircase up to the office. The office is this tiny, dusty little room with tons of instrument parts and one desk. I told the old lady at the desk that I needed a baton. "Aaah yes. I'll fetch them." she said in a raspy voice. (okay maybe it wasn't raspy, but for the sake of the story...) She brought out a can with 30 different batons in it (each one unique) and told me to take my time and pick the one that best suited me. She showed me a few: short, long, big handles, small handles, fiberglass or plastic....I just kept expecting her to say "the baton chooses the musician, Ms. Potter."



Glad you tied up those loose ends! I can't believe your boss stifled your creativity like that. I've actually been to the Harry Potter store where they sell the official wands and they are like $30 bucks!
ReplyDeleteI remember the baton thing, it's one of my favorite Penny stories
ReplyDeleteI did not know about the baton thing, and never dreamed that there would be so much variation.
ReplyDeleteI remember a food art post. Not sure if it was that picture or not. I did know you were a senior, super crazy. How far is St. Louis from Houston?
ReplyDelete12 hour drive. Wow, I didn't know houston was that far east.
ReplyDeleteI make food faces like that for Libby sometimes. I think at the reunion you should make us all cool food art for the meal you're in charge of :)
ReplyDeleteI'm with Becky. I want my reunion meal from the perkinses to look like it's going to eat me if I don't eat it
ReplyDeleteI'll consider it if you post some more recent pics of addie/carter. Addie sounded really old on the phone!
ReplyDelete