Not to disagree with Diane, but October is the best month! Sweater weather, fall colors, Haunted ski lift/hay rides, Halloween, pumpkins, corn mazes, farmer's markets, my birthday, apple cider....what could be better?
 |
| My first time of a ski lift. It was so pretty! |
Life as a grad student is pretty great. I love teaching the group classes and my work keeps me busy. I'm in 5 classes, which is a lot for a grad student, but I like all of them. ....Well, except my library research techniques. An intensive course about library cataloging taught by a guy with a distrust of technology and passion for citation details is....something I could live without.
 |
| Graduate Student Dinner |
Tim is taking a full class load plus putting in a good 26 hours every week at Adobe. Somehow he keeps up!
 |
| Concert at Adobe |
 |
| It was so windy at the concert that people's chairs and blankets kept getting away....or maybe that was just ours. |
Aha! You thought the Perkins' blog was just boring couple pictures without the cute kids. Well, I can
steal a couple of Richard's. Eleanor is getting cuter every time we see her...especially in this picture:
 |
| Watching a BYU football game at Qualtrics |
Last Friday, I didn't have any classes so I decided to take Libby on a "special time". Basically I just showed her around campus and tried to make stuff seem exciting. The art museum had an exhibit about big dresses from various films, so we went and looked at all the costumes. Then, we did leaf racing at the stream/pond.
Then I showed her the huge magical 10 foot pianos in the HFAC. She played me a few Liberty originals and got me to play her favorite song while she conducted. Apparently, her favorite piano song is a preloaded song on her electric keyboard at home...which just happens to be the Mendelssohn concerto I played this year. I'm so proud.
 |
| (about an opera singer warming up next door) "That girl sounds just like a Princess!" |
 |
| "Let's find the smallest crystal ever! It's so cute!" |
We visited the Planetarium and the science-y stuff. Then, we got some ice cream and just had to pretend it was a Blizzard since that's what Libby would have preferred haha.
 |
| "It's your turn, Penny. Just try to knock some down this time." |
Then, to finish out the morning, we got a free game of bowling on my student card. Even with bumpers, I only got a 95 - and Libby was only one or two points behind. She insisted on using the 18 pound ball because it was pink. To her credit, I was surprised that she could pick it up at all, but her tiny body had trouble balancing all of that weight both Libby and ball went tumbling over. I could not stop laughing haha. Anyway, I convinced her to use a lighter ball and as you can see her form was pretty excellent.
 |
| date night |
 |
| Thanksgiving point |
Penny, you are awesome. I love you. (can you have Tim get me a phone?)
ReplyDeletefrom Mom and Dad
I wish I could have a special time with Penny.
ReplyDeleteI agree that October is a great month, though maybe not the best month. why on Earth would you take that horrendous library cataloging course?
ReplyDeleterequired. I figured I'd get it over with as soon as possible
ReplyDelete