Ha, I just realized that someone changed the date on my laptop to 2099 while I was gone. Good one Mom or Dad. Anyway, so Girls Camp. I don't have any pictures to post, but even if I did, I believe there's some sort of unwritten code against that right? Maybe it only applies to facebook. Anyway, Being Head YCL was pretty cool because 1) I wasn't on any particular committee so I could wander between levels and activities throughout the day 2) I got a rad tuxedo teeshirt 3) It was fun being the one who makes all the announcements and doing roll call etc. 4) I got to cut in the breakfast lines with the leaders for "morning meetings."
When I was a first year, I remember thinking how BIG the YCLs were and that they were pretty cool, but woah. We had 23 first years this year and they were...um, very affectionate - in a cute way. They'd always say hi to me, and save seats for me, and randomly attack with group hugs haha. The YCLs hadn't planned a skit until a few hours before skit night, so out of desperation, we used a song parody I thought up in my spare time. It was called, "I wanna be a YCL so stinkin bad" (billionaire song).
"I wanna be a YCL so stinking bad
Show off all the beads I've ever had
I wanna be on the cover of Friend magazine
Smilin with the stake presidency"
ect. ect. ect. there's more
Anyway, the rest of the week the younger girls were singing it everywhere, I just hope they don't actually like the real song.
Pranking report: (to me) I got a facial hair drawn on me when I fell asleep during a meeting and it took me forever to notice. Some people cracked open a million glowsticks and flicked the liquid ALL over the inside of my cabin. It was actually pretty tight, I woke up in the middle of the night and thought I was in space. One ward food-colored the entire stock of various foods like ranch and milk. (by me) I stole a leader's big beloved teddy bear, plastic wrapped the body like a cacoon, gagged it, muzzled it, and left it to the entryway of their cabin. Put the leaders swimsuits on top of the flag pole. I printed out a bunch of copies of this terrible picture of Krystal and blackmailed her then put them up around camp anyway.
Highlights: During the YCL ropes course, we were doing this ropeswing challenge and the last girl couldn't make it across, so she piggybacked me while I swung. It was nuts. Our ward skit about a murder at a tea party. It was awesome and people are still quoting Krystal. At Big Spash (water contests) Stephanie's legendary belly-flop, a tiny short girl won the biggest spash against a large Samoan girl, and I won the swimsuit runway contest across the dock and into the water. Brother Loynd cooked us steak for dinner. We stayed up past 2:00am every single night, my favorite was stargazing. One morning, Sis. Jensen forgot to wake our cabin up and so we completely missed flag. It was weird, I was hearing them sing the national anthem before I woke up and I was dreaming that I was at flag singing with them. Then I woke up and I was back in bed having missed the real flag. There was more cool stuff that happened, but I need a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment