Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Flaming Marshmellow


Last weekend, I went backpacking and camping at Lena Lake with some friends. We hiked up and camped overnight right by the water.

The next morning we explored the woods and climbed up several levels of waterfalls. That was my favorite part of the entire trip. Washington may seriously lack in hot weather, but it sure is beautiful.
Besides our morning adventure, most of the day consisted of sitting around the fire and eating...which is completely fine by me! Roasted hot dogs, chili mac, s'mores, instant oatmeal, scrambled eggs, hot cocoa, fruit leather...essentially all the same stuff I eat at home.



However, I did receive a minor injury on the camp out. Whilst we sat around roasting marshmellows, mine caught on fire. When I tried blow it out, it melted off the stick and fell onto my bare knee. I hurriedly wiped at the burning goo and stuck my leg in the lake for relief but it was already blistering. I just think its kind of funny that I have a marshmellow wound.

Well, Mom and I are leaving for UT in just 3 days! For FHE last night, we made a music video to Richard's song "Space Mountain" which was pretty fun. I'll be posting it here soon, so if you want to see mom air guitar...stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. that sounds fun. so, that marshmellow story reminds me of home alone, where the flaming marshmellow flies of the stick into the guys face. the space mountain video was... charming?, seriously though, violin case guitar was pretty cool

    ReplyDelete