Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Face is Very Numb


The play Mom and I were in this summer turned out pretty good. Mom was an angel and I played the piano. There were some pretty long rehearsals, but we snuck in Symphony bars to snack on so that definitely helped.



Krystal played the keyboard for strings, oboe, trumpets, thunder and other effects. Mostly we liked to play around with the "maniacal laugh" feature on the keyboard haha. By the end of the production, we could quote the entire play along with the actors.


I call this one "Starry Night in sidewalk chalk." Others call it "Penny needs a life."

Rule #1 about dating: It is always attractive to order the tallest burger on the menu! This is at Fat Smitty's, that burger place in Port Townsend. It's a fine establishment and the burgers are infamously massive.


We also went to Fort Warden and played some sardines in the bunkers. We didn't bring any flashlights and when we were feeling our way around those tight little hallways, we kept hearing this voice whispering weird, creepy stuff. Turned out to be some 14 yr old kid perched up in the ceiling somewhere. Then, we hiked up this big hill to see the other bunkers, which were also pretty cool.


It was pretty chilly since its by the water and we were all cold....until we did that hike. WA just isn't having a particularly warm summer this year- its been raining off and on for the past 2 weeks.


I saw the last Harry Potter movie this week and it was awesome, as expected. Near the end of the movie, there was lots of sniffling in the theater. The 12 year old boy next to me was struggling to maintain his composure haha. I'm not much of a movie-crier but I did cry through the last like three chapters when I originally read the book. Couple things I loved about the movie were: 1) 40 year old Harry, and even better- 40 year old Malfoy. 2) the awkward hug Voldemort gives Draco. 3) McGonagall taking charge of Hogwarts. 4) Cute young Snape! The movie inspired me to reread all the books again. Also, Mom got me Enders Shadow at the library and I really like it.

Now I'm going to go eat-I'm starving! I've been writing this blog while I wait for my mouth to recover from all the numbing they did at the dentist this morning. I smiled goodbye at the dentist, smiled at the receptionist, then when I got to the car and looked in the mirror and discovered that my smile was actually a very scary looking half-faced grin! Oh well. Its been 6 hours since my appointment and I've finally gained most of the feeling in the left side of my face so...I'm gonna eat now.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to be impressed if you ate that whole burger. Man these do not look like summer pics, where is the sun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope, we split it in half. I think it would be doable though. and yeah, the weather here needs to step it up!

    ReplyDelete