I woke up at 4:00am on my luxurious bride-to-be sleeping arrangements...the couch in the kitchen haha. I knew I wasn't going back to sleep, so I ate a frozen pot-pie and chocolate milk (breakfast of champions). I spent the next few hours working on our slideshow until people started waking up. As it turned out, we forgot to bring the slideshow to the reception, so I've included it here so my efforts won't be for naught. Plus you have to see how cute Tim was as a kid. Anyway, Mom found a lady in the ward to do my hair, so she came over at 7am to get started. 2 hours later, I looked in the mirror and was a little shocked to find my bangs a solid 3 inches off my head! But, after I asked her to de-poof-ify it, it looked a little more tame haha. Mom and Grandma rode over to Seattle with me on the ferry and we met up with Tim and his family.
When we arrived at the beautiful Seattle Temple, Mom took me up to the "Bridal Room" to put on my dress. The room was gorgeous with chandeliers, huge mirrors, and very flattering lighting. Unfortunately, we laced my dress up pretty darn tight - as if anyone is really going to notice an inch difference! - it just felt like the thing to do in a wedding dress. The sealing was awesome, and it was fun to see all the friends and family there.
When we came out of the temple, we met up with everyone and took some pictures. It was pretty crazy because I've attended a lot of weddings before, but this time I was the one in the big white dress. About halfway through pictures, someone stepped on my train which caused the bustle hook to go flying. Therefore, I carried the train around all day...which was actually pretty fun! Pictures went by pretty quick and then we all went to Old Country Buffet for lunch. Mmm, that was definitely a highlight of the day. This is Liberty, generously putting grass on me to make my dress a little more colorful haha.
Thanks to all the family that helped out (and the poof balls Tim and I crafted), the Anderson's backyard looked really cute. We didn’t really have a greeting line, but Tim and I met people as they came up…and snacked on Lindor truffles. We cut the cake, danced to L-O-V-E, sent off floating lanterns, threw the bouquet and guarder, had a dance party and ran out to our car through a cheering gauntlet. The car was decorated with oreos, shaving cream, and funny watermelons seated in the front.
In sum, it was a perfect day. That's the great thing about weddings - even though mishaps are bound to occur.... I'm MARRIED! so none of that matters at all!

That was such a fun day!!! We still need to post your wedding video on facebook!
ReplyDeleteCute wedding slideshow. I'm glad to see you blogging
ReplyDeleteElliot was waving to you guys on the slideshow! Glad we could be there with you!
ReplyDeleteTwas indeed a grand day!
ReplyDelete