Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Disneyland Trip!

My senior recital was last Wednesday, Feb 26th and the next day, we flew out to Disneyland to celebrate! We checked the weather and saw a 100% chance of rain every hour of both days we were there. A little disappointing, but it would still be warmer than Utah. We got into Anaheim late Thursday night and walked over to downtown Disney. 


Friday morning it was lightly drizzling, so we put on ponchos and figured we'd stay dry. ....oh how wrong we were. We were in line outside the park to buy our ticket and all of a sudden, it started DUMPING! Even under ponchos and umbrellas, we were drenched. I was wearing long jeans and they were soaked, which is the worst feeling ever! The sidewalks flooded so our tennis shoes were wet and squishy. If it had hit at any other time we could have ran for cover, but since we were in line outside the park we had nowhere to go. We rode Pirates of the Caribbean and then turned around to walk back to the hotel to change to dry clothes. 




Round 2 of going to the park was much better! We perfected our methods to stay dry and had a really awesome day in the park. The rain made the park pretty empty so we walked onto almost every ride (which was amazing). I'll never be able to go in the summer busy season now because it's so nice to not wait in 3 hour lines. We waited in one line that was 30 minutes long and it felt soo slow. The weather cleared up and the temperature was perfect! We did every ride 2-3 times. 


We ate lunch in the Golden Horseshoe while watching a comedy show. Then we felt a bit tired, so we went back to the hotel to take a short nap. We walked back to Disneyland after dark and did all the rides again in the dark, which was awesome.


This video is actually of Saturday morning when it rained hard again. Then, it was mostly clear/drizzly for the rest of the day. 



We just had to wait it out and then head for California Adventures. This park was still really fun, but since I'm not really a thrill-ride lover, I think I liked Disneyland better. When we first arrived, many of the best rides were closed! We were pretty worried, because if you go during the off-season you run the risk of ride maintenance. But, eventually each ride opened up and we did every single one! During this trip, I accepted my wimpiness for scary rides....when I realized I'd rather do the Little Mermaid again instead of the Tower of Terror haha.  




We took another midday rest, which was nice because we were walking so much, our feet were pretty worn out. Also, I started having issues with my knee so I was hobbling around the whole day. We went back at night and rode more rides like the huge ferris wheel. 



The new Cars right was by FAR the best ride in California Adventures. Also, we got this little gem from the ride photo. 





Anyway, the trip had a rough start, but it ended up being pretty darn awesome! It felt like 5 days at Disneyland, not just 2. We were only got Thursday-Sunday, but it felt like a looong trip. Since the park wasn't crowded we could just relax and do rides and go home and nap, which was awesome. If our family ever does a trip there, we should go in February over a weekend and just do like 2 days in Disneyland, maybe with a park hopper for one day. 



2 comments:

  1. Fun stuff! What is with our family and knees? Mine has been all whack as well. I think every vacation demands a midday siesta to be truly considered a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny & Annaliese: Which knee? for the cause of this problem to familial I think it has to be the right knee for it to be the nelson curse

    ReplyDelete