Monday, January 13, 2014

The 8th Semester

So, I have a huge semester-long capstone project I should be working on, but it's daunting to start on so I'll just keep distracting myself writing blogs haha. I've actually gotten really good at not procrastinating this past year. It's a shame that I get really good at school just as it's ending. But, if anyone has profound advice about how to manage a 3 month long project without getting behind, feel free to share!

My final semester at BYU! The goal of my first 7 semesters was always to ensure that the 8th one would be a complete breeze but...I'm enrolled in 10 classes. Badminton, Volleyball, Marriage and Family, Symphonic Band, Studio Teaching Methods, Teaching Practicum, Piano Lessons, Piano Literature (capstone course), Scandinavian Choir, and Senior Recital. So, not exactly a breeze, but not overwhelming yet.

Hmm..what else? My most listened to song right now is "Wake Me Up" by Avicii. Tim added a computer science minor to his Information Systems major. He's doing awesome in the program and still working at Qualtrics, although he wants to switch from marketing to computer engineering. We are tentatively planning a Disneyland trip right after my recital and a trip to Houston to see the new Bell baby in April! Maybe we'll get to see Arianna in her Christmas present.....




4 comments:

  1. I would like more information on "Scandinavian choir."

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend teaches the class and it's 1 credit. They teach me the pronunciation and I can sing stuff so it's fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly hope you get to see her in that outfit:) You guys are quite the travelers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best. Baby gift. Ever.

    I was also very interested in Scandinavian Choir, sounds like something along the lines of Underwater Basketweaving. We can't wait for ya'll to come visit.

    I was big on the Avicci song too, until I heard the original. Here's my dillemma. I like the Avicci version better, but only marginally. It seems funny to me that Avicci can really slcaim credit for that song when all he did is speed it up and add a little house beat.

    ReplyDelete