Sunday, November 7, 2010

Spooky Stuff

Well, BYU is still goin great, there's never a shortage of crazy things to do...not while DI is a short walk away. So, before I explain these pictures, life in general has been quite good. Classes are manageable, I just applied to work at the Canon, I accompany other music majors, and my roommate's ......um, .....unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impoooossible to descriiiibe. We moved around our beds so that we have one massive bed and a large dance floor. Also, I bought 8 creepy baby dolls from DI to be Octamom for Halloween, but I never used them so now they are just laying around our room in various places. We hide them around for each other to find when they open their sock drawer or fridge or pillowcase. Anyway, I love the girls on my floor and I like playing volleyball with the boys in my ward. Our Co-ed team has only lost one game so far. The above picture is Mary, Sam, Ashley, and I at DI modeling the stylish outfits we picked out for each other. I always wonder if the workers there are offended by our mocking of the clothes.

I don't know if everyone has heard my crazy arm story, but basically, after a fateful blood drive, I lost all function of my left arm for a couple weeks. They couldn't find a vein, so they poked around for awhile, nicked a nerve or something, and then I couldn't lift my arm! It was definitely NO fun. I went from not being able to dress myself, to playing piano with one hand and one finger, to playing one-handed volleyball, to back to normal. Today is the first day that I have full and comfortable motion of my left arm...we celebrated with pizza-flavored pringles. Oh, also note the intramural volleyball Champion Tee shirt!

The night before it was predicted to snow, we did each others make-up and performed a ritualistic snow-dance outside on the basketball courts at 11pm. If you look closely, "come snow" is inscribed over Emily's eyebrows.

For the night before Halloween, we went as those weird troll dolls. It was a lot of fun, there was trick-or-treating, a dance, a haunted hayride, a haunted house, another dance, and some scary movie watching.

For the eve of the eve of Halloween, I dressed up as Calvin and Hobbes and Em zombified herself. Not everyone got my costume, but enough.

7 comments:

  1. THANKs Penn, I've been wanting to see your Calvin costume and seeing your roommate zobbified is just a bonus. I'm glad your arm is full motion now. and good luck on the future volleyball games.

    -Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. 3 pretty good choices of costume. Octomom would have been hilarious. The trolls are cool and of course Calvin is good, but you should have spiked your hair for it, and a slightly bigger stuffed tiger would have helped.

    That's pretty clutch having a dance floor in the dorm room. pretty much a neccessity. ahhh, college, you make me miss undergrad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calvin and hobbes is perfect. I think next year I'll be Calvin and make Addie dress in her tiger costume again to be Hobbes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the Calivin costume idea is so creative, Ahh freshman year of college, such fun times:) I guess its too late to talk to Orson about suing the blood clinic....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. oh ya. i totally forgot that part of my comment. definitely a negligence claim there for loss of enjoyment of life, physical impairmment, pain and suffering, and mental anguish

    ReplyDelete
  6. negligent hiring and supervision, medical malpractise, infliction of emotional distress.....

    ReplyDelete