
These are a couple pics from the Titanic dance. So, coming back to school has been pretty sweet, I have Badminton, Sight Singing 2, Dictation 2, Music Theory 2, Music Civilizations 2, BOM 122, Masterclass, and Piano Lessons. I'm still accompanying some Oboe players and I now have a permanent shift at the Canon Center. More on that later.The journey back to Utah was eventful. Mom and I ate Thai food in Seattle before I went to the airport. Security did not appreciate the lava lamp in my carry on. They detected liquid, opened up my suitcase, dug down to the very bottom and found my disassembled lamp wrapped in socks. The guy asked what it was and I suddenly felt a bit childish as I explained the lava lamp. So, I had to go back and check my bag and go through security again, but I made my flight. Diane picked me up and we stopped at Old Navy before returning to the dorms. I felt like a very versatile traveler since I took a car, ferry boat, walking, train, and airplane all in one day.
This semester, certain building abbreviations continue to vex me, specifically the JSB 114, JKB 1104, and JFSB 140. I have BOM in one, church in another, and Civ in the other, but I've gone to the wrong building several times even after rehearsing to Emily which one is which.
Working at the canon center is okay. Its nice that its close, but its a lot of running back and forth which gets very exhausting. However, I always seem to have an interesting story to tell Emily. Yesterday, I was proposed to by a Korean man working at my station. I chatted with him for a while, then 1/2 way through our shift he blurted (in a very thick Korean accent) "Marry me, Penny Bell!" Unfortunately, I turned him down haha.
Also, I worked in the dish room for the 1st time this week. This is a disgusting slash awesome story so if you are brave enough, keep reading:
I was subbing for a guy (I tried to get out of it since I had already worked a lot of hours that week, but he said no. I later found out that he got hit by a car while I was working his shift and got a concussion!) in the dish room for the 1st time. When the trays come around on the conveyor belt thing we brush off all the extra food in this nasty river of mulch. When turned on, about a foot of brown, recycled dish water flows through and pushes the piled leftovers to the end of the river into the grinder-thing. Well, during shift, a fork got caught in the grinder and jammed it. They couldn't turn off the river so it kept rising...and RISING! People were scrambling everywhere trying to turn it off while it overflowed and soggy hamburgers, hot dogs, chunky fruit, and pasta noodles slopped over the sides and onto the floor. Amidst the chaos, I stood there just doing my best not to vomit. The mess, combined with the smell....well its an experience I don't believe I shall ever forget. I got to keep the mangled fork as a souvenir of the day.
Quite the adventures, Penny. I think you should display the mangled fork with a warning sign next to the tray slot in the Cannan Center.
ReplyDeleteFirst proposal, nice! And congrats on not vomitting, sounds gross!
ReplyDeleteHAHA! My stomach got a little reading that. Washing dishes at Breakfast Club in Pullman was the worst job ever. Why is that people's leftovers are so disgusting, I'm mean, it's not like that ate it and regurgitated it all back on the plate, but for some reason it feels that way.
ReplyDelete