Happy New Year! 2013 is shaping up to be a pretty great year. Quick Christmas catch up : Tim and I went to Missouri and celebrated the holidays with all 8 of his siblings and their families. We built a sweet igloo in the backyard. We fought for honor in the family Ping Pong Tournament...and lost to our 12 year old nephew. We faced our fear of ice skating. We saw Les Miserables on Christmas (movie: meh, listening to the soundtrack for the next 2 weeks: awesome!) We performed magic tricks for the family talent show. We had a big family white elephant exchange in which my brother in law ended up with an 11x14 framed picture of me.

Coming back to school was a little rough for us because we both got pretty sick right before coming home and stayed that way for about a week and a half. But! I'm really excited for this semester because my classes are good, I'm taking American Literature and Guitar with Tim, I left my job at the Chemistry Department, and I'm playing in the orchestra for the Phantom of the Opera show. My classes are: American Lit, Guitar, Biology, Medieval Music History, Piano lessons, Piano masterclass, Music Business, Symphony Orchestra, and Piano Pedagogy (teaching).
We both have 8am classes, so most of our New Year's goals include perfecting our morning routine. Wake up 6am, breakfast, scriptures, 10 mins of stretching/exercise, shower, pack lunch, leave for school. I've actually been pretty consistent! (she says on January 14th haha). Hopefully it will last. Other goals of mine include finishing my piano teaching website with Tim, prepare a fantastic Jury for April, learn the art of bread-making, and learn a new guitar song every month. This month was "Home" by Phillip Phillips.
However, there are things that have not changed with the New Year, nor will they change anytime soon. I still shamelessly use wedding/engagement pictures for all of my facebook profile pictures. I still drink a cup of hot cocoa everyday. And I still love sneaking sips of whipping cream whenever we have it. I still haven't made a Pinterest account. Tim's still working on a big website project called Reptile Show Online: reptileshowonline.com.
I think it's Diane who got us all ruined on the whipping cream sipping. Or maybe mom?
ReplyDeleteI admit, I probably started it.
ReplyDeletealthough Diane was a natural and will probably surpass us all at one point.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if that's a good thing (about me and the whipping cream)
ReplyDelete