I just realized that I never posted pictures of our apartment! We live in the Lilac Place - after weeks of searching for apartments, we stumbled across this one and snagged it. It's a strange, small little place, but we like it. Moving into this place was an adventure!
Before the wedding, we put all of our possessions in an empty room in Belmont (my old apartment). We thought it would be fine since we would be back from Hawaii before Belmont's move-in day. Well....we got an angry call from the manager on our honeymoon because girls wanted to move in early and our stuff was in their room. Also, the girls that lived there while I was off getting married had left the place a COMPLETE mess. Like - can't see the floor, smells like vomit, flies in the kitchen sink type of mess. So, she angrily cleaned up the whole place and trashed anything that didn't have a name on it.
When we got back from Hawaii, we moved our stuff over to Tim's old apartment because Lilac postponed our move in day for cleaning carpets. I found out that some of my stuff had disappeared in the cleaning, which I'm still kind of upset about 7 months later. Most of my movies, games, books, and a few kitchen things got thrown away in the manager's purge. She threw away Lord of the Dance, people! And my brand new deck of Rook!
Anyway, when we finally moved into Lilac, it took 2 more days to get the electricity turned on haha. It felt like camping because we didn't have a bed, a fan, or electricity. It was around 80 degrees in the apartment at night, so we couldn't fall asleep. We used wet towels to get cool and took freezing cold baths. We couldn't take cool showers because we didn't have a shower curtain and the shower head shoots water out in crazy directions. We took showers at Belmont or the Athletic building for several days (also I discovered a shower in the Music Building. Who knew?) Finally, we went to target and bought a shower curtain and a fan, but the summer was just rough without air conditioning. It took another 3 weeks of mattress shopping and shipment waiting before we had a bed, so we slept on the floor. I think I have gained a lifelong appreciation for a bed and the ability to regulate temperature.
| This is the living room |
| That wall thing was my attempt to be artsy |
| The bathroom is a long skinny hallway |
| The kitchen also follows that design. We will sorely miss that gas oven though. |
| Who knew buying a mattress was such a pain? |
Anyway, we're moving to Union Square in April because we can't survive another summer without air conditioning. Union Square is a little bigger, has a real kitchen, and it has a/c so we're pretty excited for that. Hopefully it will be a smoother transition than our last move!
Penny - I'm so glad you are showing us your Lilac apartment.
ReplyDeleteYea, I would definitely not stay there for the summer with no air conditioning, that would be brutal! Let us know if you need help moving!
ReplyDeleteNot as crazy Richard's Port Orchard apartment was
ReplyDeleteDoes it have a crypt off the bedroom? then definitely not as crazy as the cute little house Becky and Richard had.
ReplyDelete