Happy Pioneer Day! I actually have work off for this holiday....it's great! I don't know if I've already posted pictures of our new apartment (we moved in 3 months ago). Also, we decided to get a piano! I really liked the digital pianos they have in the computer lab in the HFAC at BYU, so we looked around for one of those (There's a picture of it on my
"Day in the Life of a BYU Student" post). After lots of research, playing at music stores, and combing ksl, we bought a Kawai CN34 upright digital piano! It's really legit. See below
 |
| kitchen area |
 |
| view of the piano from the kitchen |
 |
| there it is! |
 |
| oh man! |
 |
living room
|
So, it's nice having a digital piano for now because it doesn't take up much room, its MUCH lighter than an acoustic piano and more transportable, I can use headphones when its late or we don't want to make noise (we already had an awkward noise complaint from our neighbors for blasting the Les Miserable soundtrack), and it has some cool features that acoustic pianos don't, e.g. recording, different sounds, built-in metronome.
Tim and I agreed that piano shopping felt similar to ring shopping: expensive item that you have to haggle with an untrustworthy salesman over. We went to a couple different music stores and had salesman follow us around making their overzealous arguments for their brand. That wasn't particularly enjoyable haha. But unlike ring shopping, I actually know a lot about pianos, so that made it better. One thing I don't really like is every salesman out here tries to use the church as a sales tactic. How do you feel about salesman? Ever had an unpleasant experience?
Anyway, we are both really excited about the new piano - Tim is on a strict practicing regime (just kidding, but he is taking lessons now). Things are going really well for him at work, he's enjoying it. Lessons are going well for me - there are some angel kids and some not-so-angel kids, but it's all good. I have around 25 students now.
I thought it was the keyboard in the first picture but then got a lot more excited when I saw the real thing.
ReplyDeleteI believe that must have been a typo. You must have meant, "Has anyone ever had a PLEASANT experience with a salesman." :) Just wait till you go car shopping. Piano looks gorgeous. I bet it's nice to have a piano at home so you don't have to go to campus to play. It still boggles me that I didn't even have my own computer in college, I always had to go to campus labs.
ReplyDeleteYeah that's pretty nuts annaliese
DeleteDang 25 students, that's alot. The piano looks cool.
ReplyDelete