Tuesday, September 10, 2013

91% Humidity?!

So now that school is back in, doing a whole cruise blog is pretty daunting. I'll just post installments when I have breaks.

CRUISE INSTALLMENT I


So we celebrated our 1st anniversary with a cruise to the Bahamas! I'd like to credit the Egans for giving us the idea; we saw a few of their pictures from Grand Turk and well...who wouldn't want to go there? After a 6 hour flight, humidity shock, and surprisingly quick boarding...we were on the cruise ship! It was crazy because we had been talking about going on a cruise for 6 months, but decided it just wasn't going to happen this summer (timing, work, plane tickets, $$ etc...). Then everything just kind of lined up and Wa-lah! we were doing it!


They let us on about 2pm and we just ran around seeing what there was to do on the ship. Our favorites: ping-pong, foosball, volleyball, mini golf, hot tub, pool, outdoor movies, giant chess, and the entertainment theater. The first thing we passed as we walked around the ship was a burger restaurant out by the pool. We were really hungry and the burgers looked really fancy and big and delicious. Tim said something like, "Well, I guess it's vacation, we can spend 8 bucks on one of these burgers." And then we remembered the best thing about cruising....it was all free! That was a happy moment. We got 2 burgers with a pleasing amount of bacon and some lemonade. 

3 comments: